Want a Fireplace, But Have No Chimney? Let us Install Your Class A Chimney!
For a lot of homeowners, the thought of having a fireplace in their home seems like a far-off dream. There’s no denying a fireplace adds value to a living space, but the installation process can take a lot of time and money, and many simply don’t have the space to incorporate a big masonry fireplace and chimney. With the cost, time, and structural requirements needed, we can see why many homeowners feel that adding a chimney and fireplace where there isn’t one just isn’t an option.
But guess what! There may be something that’ll work for you after all – a class A chimney. We’ve installed these systems for homeowners all throughout York, Eliot, Kittery, and more, and we’d love to help you out, too.
Black powder-coated stainless steel class A chimney install
What Are Class A Chimneys?
A class A chimney, otherwise known as a prefabricated or factory-built chimney, is a complete system of factory-built parts that is assembled at your home by a team of professionals. While masonry systems require brick-by-brick construction, class A chimneys only require that all the parts be appropriately put together, allowing for a much quicker installation process.
One of the most notable aspects of class A chimneys is that they don’t require the buyer to have a chimney. In fact, because they come with their own metal piping system, they can be put just about anywhere the homeowner would like!
One important thing to note about class A chimneys is that they should always be assembled by a professional and as a whole unit. That means no mixing and matching parts from other brands or models, and no do-it-yourself tutorials. Neglecting these things could greatly affect the efficiency of the appliance, as well as put you at risk of experiencing house fires or gas leaks.
Another thing we like to mention is that, while a well-maintained class A chimney will last you quite a long time, these systems aren’t a lifelong investment like their masonry counterparts tend to be. That said, you can figure on a class A chimney lasting you anywhere from 20 – 30 years! All in all, it’s a great option for someone who wants a fireplace without the cost and commitment of building something permanent into their home.
Benefits of Purchasing a Class A Chimney
For those without a chimney who have been longing for a fireplace, class A chimneys may seem too good to be true. Well, we’re here to tell you that there’s even more to gain by making this investment. Some other benefits of class A chimneys include the following:
- Flexible Placement Options: Like we touched on above, there aren’t as many restrictions involved when installing a class A chimney as there are with a masonry chimney. They don’t have the same weight requirements and can be installed in various rooms on various levels of the home. Another thing to note is that clearances are less strict with these units, thus expanding your placement options even further.
- Affordability: When it comes to price points, class A chimneys are surprisingly affordable. If you’ve been putting off fireplace construction because of the cost involved, then this is a great alternative that won’t put a major dent in your budget. And they take less time to set up, so you’ll save on labor costs, too!
- Reliable Insulation: It’s not uncommon for consumers to express concerns about whether or not these units are well-insulated. Can they really do the job of a masonry chimney? You bet! Class A chimneys are equipped with multiple-wall insulation and lined with stainless steel, so no heat or flames will be getting through to nearby combustibles – which means a safer fireside experience.
- Compatible With Any Fuel Type: Do you need a chimney that can vent wood, gas, oil, pellet, or coal? No matter which you choose, there’s a class A chimney out there for you.
- Long-Lasting: We mentioned above that many units last for up to three decades (some even longer), so once yours is installed, you won’t have to even think about replacement options anytime soon. Just be sure to invest in annual inspections to keep your class A chimney in tip-top shape for the long haul!
Every system that we recommend will have undergone all of the appropriate testing and will be approved by all necessary organizations. Most class A chimneys have to meet a long list of standards, so you can always expect high-quality performance that won’t threaten the safety of your home.
We’ve Served Your Neighbors & Now it’s Your Turn!
We’ve made our way to countless homes throughout York County, Cumberland County, Strafford County, and Rockingham County, and it’s time we made it to yours, too. Join your friends and neighbors counting on us for all things chimney by calling 207-608-0564 today! You can also request an appointment online right here.